T-Ball (ages 5-7) Suggestions and Rules
Junior (ages 8-12) Suggestions and Rules
- Alternate boys and girls as much as possible for the batting line up.
- Everyone bats. There are no outs in T-Ball.
- Maybe before the beginning of the game have the kids run around the bases and call out what base number they touch.
- Everyone shakes hands at the end of the game after the team cheer, usually at home plate.
- Have fun. That's why we are here.
- At the beginning of the league, children will be given opportunity to play different positions, team positions may be set by the 3rd game.
- All pitches should be underhand, just like slow-pitch. A coach or parent does the pitching for the Juniors.
- Alternate boys and girls for the batting order if possible.
- Each player gets a maximum of 5 pitches before the batting tee is used.
- The ball must be hit before the runners can advance to the next base.
- Overthrows: runners advance one base only, then the play is dead.
- Play 3 outs, or a maximum of 5 runs before switching to field positions.
- It doesn’t matter who wins or loses the game, it’s how you play. Make it fun, and everyone’s a winner.
- Have fun. That’s why we’re here.